Listen to and Follow Young Leaders

Young people want, deserve, and need spaces where it is safe to voice their opinions and where they can talk about the issues that are relevant to their daily lives. This event on MLK day was powerful because it was designed by young people, for young people. The adults collaborating were in service to helping […]

Womens March on Washington

Quite an inspiring platform for the Women’s March on Washington on Saturday. It’s been reported that over 200,000 women are planning to attend in Washington and marches are also happening all around the country/world. Read the full document. Understand the complexity of what people are standing up for. Revealing our numbers is just the beginning… […]

2017 Reflections and an Invitation

My sense is that 2017 will (continue to) test our humanity and our devotion to freedom for all on this planet. Here in the United States, a question seems to be around how much do we truly believe in a democracy, in some version of this radical experiment of a government for and by the […]

Follow the Leadership of People of Color

I firmly believe that any hope of us (whichever us you want to insert here) moving forward and creating a more peaceful and just world/country/community will require that we follow the leadership and guidance of people who are traditionally marginalized and thus already have experience navigating around the dominating cultural patterns of discrimination, violence and […]

We Are All Needed in Community

Please keep praying for these dear souls… in North Dakota and in your hometown. Severe weather. Extremely complex conditions. As you pray, recognize that we who are in warm, safe-ish homes with our basic needs taken care of… our prayers are strength and grounding for others who know we are connected to them when they […]

The Power of a Single Prayer & People Banded Together

I cannot express how much gratitude I have for the indigenous leadership of this movement… at this moment in time. I am learning so much. I am humbled. Please listen to Lyla June Johnston. I pulled out some of her words from the video, but you should listen to the story directly from her. It’s […]

Facing Race 2016

Facing Race Conference 2016 Largest multi-racial, multi-issue, intergenerational national gathering dedicated to racial justice 2300 people in Atlanta, GA My notes from the conference “A cohesive multiracial movement is our best hope.” Rinku Sen, ED of Race Froward and Publisher of Colorlines “We gotta show folks what it looks like when we love and protect each other. […]