I highly encourage you to read this article by Korbett Mosesly. Especially if you work at a non-profit or organization that has a majority White leadership and cares about addressing racism.
10 Ways to Practice Institutional Racism at Your Non-Profit Organization
- Maintain White Leadership
- Frame the issues & lead the strategies for people of color.
- Limit partnerships with (and Feedback from) communities of color.
- Ignore complaints of bias and racism from workers and clients.
- Value credentials vs. the skills needed to serve diverse populations.
- Do not involve people directly impacted.
- White wash the diversity language.
- Maintain the social dynamic of white non-profit affinity groups.
- Exploit black clients in poverty.
- Offer cultural competency training every few years.